From April 1, 2023, a citizen of Ukraine using temporary protection in Poland
and having a PESEL number with the annotation "UKR" may apply on general terms for:
- temporary residence and work permits ,
- temporary residence permit in order to perform work in a profession requiring high qualifications (Blue Card)
- temporary residence permit for the purpose of conducting business activity.
In the case of submitting an application for a temporary residence permit for a purpose other than work or running a business, e.g. due to family reunification, the voivode will refuse to initiate proceedings in the case.
The possibility of applying for a temporary residence permit due to work or business activity is optional . Citizens of Ukraine who have arrived in Poland since February 24, 2022 and do not take advantage of this solution will be able to continue to stay legally in the country on the basis of temporary protection for the period until August 24, 2023. Based on the decision of the EU Council to introduce temporary protection , it is highly probable that the period of stay considered legal, which currently ends on August 24, 2023 will be extended accordingly at least until March 4, 2024.
Therefore, if you are a citizen of Ukraine and:
- you have been assigned a PESEL number with the annotation "UKR" and
- you work in Poland or run a business in Poland, e.g. entry into CEIDG,
- and instead of using temporary protection in Poland, you prefer to obtain a temporary residence permit:
- fill in the appropriate application form for a temporary residence permit in Poland (you can do it at www.mos.cudzoziemcy.gov.pl ), print it out, sign it yourself
first and last name
and submit it to the voivode competent for your current place of residence together with proof of payment of the stamp duty (PLN 440 for work or PLN 340 for running a business). Attach to the application a copy of your passport and a notification of the assignment of a PESEL number with the status "UKR" and a fully completed Annex No. 1 to the application.
Detailed information can be found on the website of the Office for Foreigners: https://www.gov.pl/web/udsc/zezwolenia-na-pobyt-dla-obywateli-ukrainy-objetych-ochrona-czasowa
If your fingerprints were entered in the register when submitting the application for a PESEL number with the annotation " UKR", submitting the application for a temporary residence permit will not require your personal presence (you don't need to re-enter your fingerprints when applying). However, the voivode may summon you to appear in person in order to submit the original travel document, and if a permit (positive decision) is granted, to submit your fingerprints, if it was not possible to place the previously submitted fingerprints in a separate database.
Granting you a temporary residence permit means losing your temporary protection.
If you apply for a temporary residence permit for the purpose of running a business and run a sole proprietorship (entry to CEIDG) in the proceedings in the period until August 24, 2023, you do not have to prove that you meet the income or employment condition.
If you are a citizen of Ukraine, and you came to Poland before February 24, 2022
and submitted an application for a temporary residence permit, but:
- you do not meet the requirements for granting the permit due to the declared purpose of stay,
- you are unable to justify a stay longer than 3 months,
- you have submitted the application during your illegal stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland or you are staying on this territory illegally,
in the period until August 24, 2023 - you can obtain a temporary residence permit for a period of 1 year from the date of the decision.
FEE FOR ISSUING / REPLACING A RESIDENCE CARD
- PLN 100 - issue/replacement of a residence card
- PLN 200 - for replacement in the event of the first culpable loss/destruction of the document
- PLN 300 for replacement in the event of another culpable loss/destruction of the document
DISCOUNT FEE - 50%
The discount in the fee, which is 50%, is available to foreigners:
- who are in a difficult financial situation;
- whose purpose of stay is to study at a secondary school and a university in the territory of the Republic of Poland;
- minors who, on the date of submitting the application for issuing or replacing the document, or - in the case of issuing the first residence card - until the date of submitting the application for a temporary residence permit, permanent residence permit or long-term resident's EU residence permit, have not reached the age of 16 life.
Documents required to collect the reduced fee for document replacement:
1) a certificate from the competent authority for social assistance on the use of cash benefits from social assistance at a given time;
2) a certificate confirming that you were studying at a secondary school or university at a given time;
3) a copy of the minor foreigner's birth certificate, and if it is impossible to obtain it - a travel document or other identity document confirming the age of the minor foreigner.
Payments should be made to the account:
Warmińsko-Mazurski Urząd Wojewódzki w Olsztynie - Wydział Finansów i Kontroli
Al. Piłsudskiego 7/9, 10-575 Olsztyn
NBP O/O Olsztyn 31 1010 1397 0032 9022 3100 0000
for the "residence card fee" and the name and surname of the foreigner
- Stamp duty in the amount of PLN 440 for granting a temporary residence permit
- performing work,
- performing work in a profession requiring high qualifications,
- performing work as part of an intra-corporate transfer - art. 139a sec. 1
- using long-term mobility - art. 139o sec. 1
- Stamp duty in the amount of PLN 340 for granting a temporary residence permit for:
- running a business
- performance of work by a foreigner delegated by a foreign employer to the territory of the Republic of Poland,
- undertaking or continuing full-time higher education or doctoral studies,
- conducting research or development work,
- stay with a citizen of the Republic of Poland,
- stay with a foreigner,
- circumstances requiring a short-term stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland - when the foreigner's presence on the territory of the Republic of Poland is required by his/her exceptional personal situation (Article 181(1)(2),
- other circumstances.
- Stamp duty in the amount of PLN 85 for granting a temporary residence permit due to - circumstances requiring a short-term stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland:
- a foreigner is obliged to appear in person before a Polish public authority (Article 181(1)(1))
- the foreigner's presence on the territory of the Republic of Poland is required by the interest of the Republic of Poland (Article 181(1)(3))
- Stamp duty in the amount of PLN 170 for granting a temporary residence permit for extending the stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland due to seasonal work - art. 185a
- Exempt from stamp duty - humanitarian permit
PERMANENT RESIDENCE / RESIDENCE OF A LONG-TERM EU RESIDENT
- Stamp duty in the amount of PLN 640 for granting a permanent residence permit / residence permit for a long-term EU resident:
- exemption from the fee applies ONLY in the case of an application for a permanent residence permit when the permit is granted:
1) a foreigner who has been granted asylum
2) a Pole's Card holder who intends to settle permanently on the territory of the Republic of Poland
Payments should be made to the account:
Bank Handlowy S.A. .
09 1030 1508 0000 0008 2310 0003
Urząd Miasta Olsztyna,
Plac Jana Pawła II nr 1,
Wydział Podatków i Opłat
With the note: "foreigner's name and surname and the type of a permit"